Every team is different; there’s no one-size-fits-all approach to collaboration. Office 365 is designed to meet the unique needs of every team, empowering people to communicate, collaborate, and achieve more with purpose-built, integrated applications.
When deciding which Office 365 apps and services to use, think about the work your organization does and the types of conversations your teams need to have.
- Teams, as the hub for teamwork, is where people – including people outside your organization – can actively connect and collaborate in real time to get things done. Have a conversation right where the work is happening, whether coauthoring a document, having a meeting, or working together in other apps and services. Teams is the place to have informal chats, iterate quickly on a project, work with team files, and collaborate on shared deliverables.
- Outlook for collaborating in the familiar environment of email and in a more formal, structured manner or when targeted and direct communication is required.
- SharePoint for sites, portals, intelligent content services, business process automation, and enterprise search. SharePoint keeps content at the center of teamwork, making all types of content easily shareable and accessible across teams. Tight integration with Outlook, Yammer, and Teams enables seamless content collaboration across conversation experiences.
- OneDrive for Business for storing files and sharing them with people that a user invites. Content that a user saves to OneDrive for Business is private until the user shares it with others, making it the best option for storing personal and draft documents that are not intended to be shared or not ready to be shared.
- Yammer to connect people across the organization. Drive company-wide initiatives, share best practices, and build communities around common topics of interest or areas or practice. Crowdsource ideas to foster open discussions with people across the company.
- Office apps are all the familiar tools that people know and use regularly, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote.
Interested in learning more about how to make use of these features? Capitol Presence is here to help you!