The workplace is ever evolving and changing. With federal government initiatives to shift to a more collaborative work space, Microsoft O365 fills the void of needing a tool that seamlessly integrates communication into a single place.
The Microsoft 365 Government – GCC environment provides compliance with US government requirements for cloud services, including FedRAMP Moderate and requirements for criminal justice and federal tax information systems.
Office 365 US Government plans are monthly subscriptions and can be licensed to an unlimited number of users.
· The Office 365 GCC environment provides compliance with Federal requirements for cloud services, including FedRAMP Moderate and requirements for criminal justice and federal tax information systems (CJI and FTI data types).
· The Office 365 GCC High and DoD environments deliver compliance with Department of Defense Security Requirements Guidelines, Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations Supplement (DFARS), and International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
In addition to enjoying the features and capabilities of Office 365, organizations benefit from the following features that are unique to Microsoft 365 Government – GCC:
· Your organization’s content is logically segregated from customer content in the commercial Office 365 services from Microsoft.
· Your organization’s content is stored within the United States.
· Access to your organization’s content is restricted to screened Microsoft personnel.
· Microsoft 365 Government – GCC complies with certifications and accreditations that are required for US Public Sector customers. With Microsoft’s announcement that Teams will be replacing Skype for Business, it’s no longer a matter of Teams vs. Skype for Business, as they are becoming one and the same. Microsoft has brought the capabilities of Skype and added them with additional features into Teams, like fully integrated voice and video. Teams also integrates communication tools with applications, Microsoft Graph, Microsoft Flow and LinkedIn to enhance your virtual work environment.
When Microsoft Teams is used, a complete collaboration environment can be created. Your organization will no longer need to use Skype for Business or other specialized applications. While there is no end of support date for Skype at this moment, Microsoft’s vision is focused on Teams.
Don’t have a plan for making the migration from Skype for Business to Microsoft Teams? Contact Capitol Presence today! We have proven past performance in supporting federal agencies within HHS, and US Courts with their migration to the cloud. In the meantime, checkout the comparison table here.
Contributors: Dan Narloch & Peter Baumgartner