Jr. Software Developer
Capitol Presence is a quickly growing IT-startup seeking full-time Software Developer’s to join the IT digital team. This is a great work opportunity for someone who wants to take creative ownership of their work and leave their mark on development campaigns in support of the health care industry. We are looking for a detail-oriented developers with an enduring curiosity for their craft and can provide design guidance to the creative team. We have up to 10 positions and we want to hear your ideas!
- Design, develop, troubleshoot, and debug mission critical software source code using modern software development languages and tools, such as Java
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle, working within broadly defined parameters
- Use Jira, Confluence, Nexus, Bitbucket/Subversion development operations, collaboration and source control tools
- Support creation and updating of all relevant documentation and specifications for design, development and testing
- Identify potential roadblocks and develop around them
- Plan and estimate development tasks and work to improve performance metrics
- Develop maintainable code that matches specification
- Perform unit testing of code, including manipulation of data for analysis of system requirements
- Own the delivery of an small parts of a system or application
- Work closely with other engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development
- Build software solutions where the solution is not always well defined but always considers the customer first.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology or 4 years of industry experience
- Knowledge and experience with architecture and complex system engineering documentation
- Solid experience with Java/C++ and object oriented programming (company test provided during interview) as well as a solid understanding of software development process fundamentals
- A strong, self-motivated desire to learn new programming languages, tools, frameworks, and techniques.
- Familiarity with web application technologies, such as Apache Tomcat, JBoss, etc.
- Knowledge of a version control system (e.g., Git)
- Knowledge of Agile Development methodologies
- Familiarity with multiple operating systems (Windows, LINUX, etc.).
- Familiarity with at least one Relational Database Management System (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, etc.).
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint).
- Familiarity with NoSql databases (Apache Accumulo, MongoDB, etc.)
Send creative samples, resume and anything else you’d like us to know about you to the email listed within this post.