Quickly growing IT-startup seeks full-time web designer to join the creative digital team. This is a great work opportunity for someone who wants to take creative ownership of their work and leave their mark on online campaigns. We are looking for a detail-oriented designer with an enduring curiosity for their craft and can provide design guidance to the creative team. We want to hear your ideas!
This full-time position will either work on location from our Tyson’s Corner office or majority remote. Extensive telework and flexwork opportunities. As such, this person must be a great time manager and able to manage multiple projects independently. Strong communication skills, a must. Good benefits package.
- Strong HTML, both web and email
- Strong abilities with Adobe design suite and WordPress
- Proven experience with responsive design
- Comfortable manipulating CSS
- Understands UX – page design, CTAs, funnel consistency
- Translates mockup designs into clean, reusable code
- Ability to test functionality and perform quality assurance
- Knowledge of general SEO tools and terms a plus
- Comfortable doing layout design as well as logo design or photo manipulation
- Video editing skills a plus
- Able to learn new systems/platforms
- Drawing and photography skills a plus. Bring a passion for some kind of visual design
- Can take vague guidance and turn it into great output
- Keeps current with new design trends, not just web design but also has a general interest in design
- Knows how to select complimentary typefaces
- Visual storyteller: Can convert marketing text into graphics. Sees what parts of the marketing copy and should be made visual. Can identify high-value copy statements and convert into design.
- Generate graphs and charts out of data points
- Develop and champion brand design standards
- Designing brand and graphic elements
- Building email templates for repeat use
- Laying out UX-oriented and mobile responsive landing pages
- Translating copy-heavy messages into visually appealing, web-friendly designs
- Break up landing page text with different ways to digest the written information
- Assisting in testing development and execution
- Creating original art to pair with editorial and marketing content
- Designing book covers and thumbnail images
- Website design – working with both the creative team on design and developers on implementation
- Evaluate and recommend new processes and procedures
Send creative samples, resume and anything else you’d like us to know about you to the email listed within this post.